Effective as of: September 1, 2016
Global Scanning UK Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 02443087 (“Company” or “we”), respect the privacy of all individuals, including your privacy, and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://bycolortrac.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information To Which This Policy Applies
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates; where “affiliate” means another member of our group, i.e. our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006); or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Types of Information We Collect. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and
- your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorised persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal data, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal data automatically, but we may tie this data or information to personal data about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information,” below.
The webstore that is accessible through the Website and through which you may purchase products from one of our affiliates (the “Webstore”, as applicable) is hosted by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”). Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us and our affiliates to sell our products to you.
When you order a product from a Webstore, you must enter and submit with Shopify your personal data, including your name, shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment information (including credit card information). Shopify then transfers your personal data to Stripe (https://stripe.com), which processes your payment. Stripe processes payments in the United States of America. Such third party processors’ use of your personal data is governed by their respective terms of service and privacy policies.
The Company’s (or its applicable affiliate’s) shipping agent will confirm your order with Stripe. The shipping agent will have access to your personal data, including your name, email address, shipping address and amount of your payment for the purposes of confirming and processing your order; however, the shipping agent will not have access to your credit card information.
Where We Store Your Information
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check or uncheck (as applicable) the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information,” below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, and from which no individual can be identified, without restriction.
- to our affiliates, including our affiliates that resell or distribute our products;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Such third parties may include entities which distribute our products;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- otherwise with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, any of our affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms, or mechanisms may be available, to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by checking or unchecking (as applicable) the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or opt out from future email distributions by checking or unchecking (as applicable) the relevant box provided in the email (if applicable). This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you may be able to opt-out by refusing browser cookies as set out in the subsection entitled “Tracking Technologies and Advertising,” above.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You may also be able to limit third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising by refusing browser cookies as set out in the subsection entitled “Tracking Technologies and Advertising,” above.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Your Rights
The data controller is Global Scanning UK Ltd of 3-5 Brunel Court, Burrel Road, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 3LW, United Kingdom. The data recipients are (i) Global Scanning UK Ltd, (ii) its affiliates that sell products through a Webstore, including Global Scanning Americas (VA) Inc. (14155 Sullyfield Circle, Suite C Chantilly Virginia VA 20151, United States of America), (iii) Shopify (150 Elgin Street, Suite 800, Ottawa, ON K2P 1L4, Canada), Stripe (3180 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110), (iv) and Global Scanning UK Ltd’s or its affiliates’ respective order fulfilment agents and distributors, including Azon (1148 Rochester Rd, Troy, MI 48083, United States).
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e‑mail to Global Scanning UK Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Global Scanning UK Ltd at Global Scanning UK Ltd, Marketing, 3-5 Brunel Court, Burrel Road, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 3LW, United Kingdom.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information that you provide to us or that is transferred to us from our third party payment processors or our (or our affiliates’) order fulfilment agents or distributors is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.